Saturday 23 November 2013

How To Make Pulaav Like Me.

1. Ask your mother how much rice to take and then take whatever amount you want to.

2. Ask your mother the amount of water to add and then accidentally pour a lot more than that.

3. Boil the rice and then forget about it for some time.

4. Take a pan and pour 20 liters of oil in it. Not really okay? Only you should get to feel that you have poured a troublesome quantity of it.

5. Fry chopped onions in the oil. Then fry chopped beans and potato. Add spices of all colours- yellow, red, white, whatever. More or less doesn't matter.

6. Realize that you have fried things too much and they are about to catch fire.

7. Run and ask your mom "Everything has burnt. Should I add the rice now?"

8. Quickly add boiled rice into the black stuff.

9. Mix the mess. If it feels as if you are mixing glue, you know you have done it right.

10. Hide in some corner. Wait for people to taste the Pulaav and be surprised to listen that it was tasty.

*yaay* Hard work always pays!! Phew!

PS: I wish I had taken a snap of it. :(

13 comments:

  1. :) sounds interesting! and I'm curious to taste your pulaav...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renuka. I am wondering if I should open a restaurant. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious as well as up to the point :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I should try this, and replace mom by you. :P And putting that on the blog so elegantly, worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes u can ask me...now I feel like a pro in making pulaav. :)

      Delete
  5. I can remember the first time I made a dish. My mom got frustrated with all the questions and she came and finished it herself. I got to take the credit though.. :) :)
    Amazing post.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that has happened so many times with me :)
      thank u :)

      Delete
  6. lol! This is was very cute and interesting... :D I too cook this way. It's lot more fun and adventure cooking in this fashion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D sure it is! But these experiments must not be tried on a regular basis because luck may not always be with us. I doubt someday I will make poison instead of pulaav, without knowing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-44439233-2