Sunday 23 March 2014

A Quiet Child Is A Sleeping Giant



Scene: It's evening. I came out in my garden listening to music through my earphones. A little boy, around 4 years old, is learning to ride a bicycle by himself. Even before he can pedal once, he is about to fall. And this happens again and again. I am watching this and thought why not ask him if I can hold his cycle and help him learn.

Me(removing earphones): Need me to help?

Boy: No. I know how to ride. I ride many cycles. I am very fasht. This is my brother's cycle. He is big now so he rides bigger bicycles. I am small na. So I am riding his old cycle. But I am very very fasht.


Me: Careful(he was about to fall again). Pehle dheere dheere seekh lo fir tez chala lena.


Boy: Arre nahin. In the garden Papa said motorcycle and motorbike are same. Place motor in a cycle and it becomes motorcycle.(turning his hands inside out, he laughed like a devil at this) Hahahaha... A boy was going very fasht on his cycle and he fell. There around the turn. When you go straight from here and then turn to this side...there he fell. There was a lot of blood on his leg and his bone came out. Then they applied Soframycin. Soframycin brings back the skin. Then the blood became alright.

Me: Okay okay. Ride your cycle.

Boy: You know this cycle had a button here. Red button. When we pressed the button, songs played. And it had a mirror too. Here. No, here, below the handle. No. Here, above the handle.

Me: You broke it?

Boy: Bhaiya broke it. The red button...he broke that too. Now it does not play songs. This is very old cycle. Bhaiya is big now so he doesn't ride it. When I will grow up and be as big as him, I will also ride bigger cycles. We will sell this one and buy a new cycle. Didi where are you going?

Me: Back to my house. You carry on!

7 comments:

  1. children are cute :).. so much explainations.. and they have weird theories too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are cute and now I know when I am getting bored or have some questions, whom to talk to. :P

      Delete
  2. That is an interesting and totally relatable episode. Kids are such cuties! And that kid is going to be one awesome biker when he grows up heh ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. The very next day I saw him cycling like a pro. :)

      Delete
  3. nice narration. I loved how such simple things in life turn out to be such an interesting story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Ankush. Life will be dull without these simple things. :)

      Delete
  4. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-44439233-2