Sunday 13 October 2013

Alone There





Where clocks keep ticking
but time refuses to move on
Where unbreakable silence dominates
and kills voices brutally
Where air freezes still
heavy upon the lungs
I live there
Where life is buried

Where vision is blurring fast
erasing reasons for something I no more remember
Where movement is condemned
statues are ordered to smile
Where feelings sink in the swamp
struggling till the end
I wait there
Where hope is forbidden

Where tears are burned alive
and spreads a drought within
Where directions are mirage
disappear before being seen
Where pity is insatiable
and wrecks everything to quench its thirst
I am injured there
Where cuts deepen as they heal


(turns out to be quite negative...but reached the last line within less than 5 minutes, before I could realize what I was writing. So in a way the poem wrote itself :P...i am innocent :D. Sharing anyway!)

2 comments:

  1. You wrote that in 5 min?? :O That's brilliant! the meaning's quite deep actually! (y) BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harsh...when times are tough, we do think deep :) except for a couple of edits afterwards, this poem was written without a break for thinking. Otherwise I take minimum 20 minutes for a poem of this length.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-44439233-2