Thursday 9 January 2014

I DON'T Want To Be A Child Again

This dinosaur has no relevance to the post. But it will eat people who will not read ahead and comment.
To those who say "childhood is the best part of life", or "I wish I were a kid again", or "There was no tension then and life was good", I do not relate at all. Life, at any time, is equally trying and fun. The only difference is, when we grow up we know how to put the blame somewhere else for all our problems. We have this tendency to prove the present time as the most difficult and project ourselves as a victim of circumstances. So we sum up things thinking that growing up was a cursed thing to have happened.

Now think of it; a child is a child after all. We cannot expect him/her to be stressful about submitting a report before a dangerously close deadline or to go through the pain of break up or divorce. However they have their own problems suiting their age, like a broken favorite toy or an accidentally broken Mummy's favorite vase. Five year olds face problems according to their capacity and twenty-five year olds according to their. But we seem to forget issues which we find petty now. Although they were not then.

When the whole world is writing about the awesomeness of childhood, I am called spoilsport. Though I am no different when it comes to going weak in knees watching super cuteness of kids, but I am pretty sure I don't want to step in their shoes. I have had enough of my own time playing in mud and rain. Because giving it a practical thought, a child is not enjoying his/her childhood in a way we perceive. The one who is enjoying is a person watching them, who is probably dealing with a huge debt or something like that. So even if a Jinn realized our dream to be a kid again, we would find our so called petty issues graver than our father having lost his laptop.

By now I know I always end up writing about myself sooner or later. So I am not sparing this chance either. Every theory needs to be backed by examples. So I present my childhood at service. Just a small warning before you proceed to read further. If you become uneasy or furious reading extreme level of stupidity, utter ignorance on someone's part or infinite degree of dumbness, quietly sneak away and save the peace of your mind.

Have you gone?

Okay, I give you an another chance. This post has already become quite lengthy. So I break it here and if you want to read further, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Must say, you clearly raised out a thing to think upon. Yes I do agree every stage of our life presents us with problems and fun suitable at that time. And please, Mr Dinosaur, don't eat me, I am reading further and commenting at the same time. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good boy! Yes the dinosaur won't eat you now, got its tummy full with those who did not comment. :P
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. ...didn't want the dinosaur to eat me (and get food poisoning)

    This was really food for thought. Throughout life, people may approach your suffering self and say "I know exactly how you feel", but that is not true. No one can understand you better than yourself, other people may have a hint, but the level of your worries is the result of your own thought process. You're right... I most certainly do not want to be a kid either. It took a lot of effort and learning to get to where I am today, and I truly wish to enjoy it.

    I think an important thing that people forget is that ultimately, it is the kid who deals with whatever problem he has, i.e. losing the doll. You can't possibly put your adult viewpoints inside the developing mind of a kid and tell him it's just a doll! Because it's NOT just a doll, go die.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly said songbird. Thanks for agreeing. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-44439233-2